Solid Modelling Code?

Mike Castle {Nexus} mcastle at mcs213f.cs.umr.edu
Thu Feb 7 10:55:19 AEST 1991

In article <GLEICHER.91Feb6005131 at OREO.GRAPHICS.CS.CMU.EDU> gleicher at CS.CMU.EDU (Michael Gleicher) writes:
>Does anyone have some code to implement the basic functions for CSG models?
>I'd really like to find something that could take a CSG tree (with the most
>basic of primitives) and draw a picture of it (or give me a list of polygons
>which I could send down the graphics pipe or convert to postscript).
>I'd like to find a C or C++ or Lisp library, though if I could get the source
>code to a whole modeller that I could play around inside of, that would be
>great too.

You might like to look at the IRIT package. The source is available on simtel20
and clones in the /msdos/irit directory (apply appropriate dir format).  I
believe the package started as an X-windows apps (or was at least ported to it
at some time), so you might look in the unix-c directory as well.  The program
is sort of a scientific graphing package. It has 2-d graphs, 3-d wire frames,
hidden line removal, and at least shading, if not true raytracing. Lots of
neat stuff to look at.   Oh yeah, and CSG too   :->
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891 at UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | RN ate my
                mcastle at mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| .newsrc!