DXF file format (?)

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Wed Feb 6 01:40:23 AEST 1991

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 23:45:49 EST
> From: Loki Jorgenson Rm421 <loki at nazgul.physics.mcgill.ca>
> To: info-iris at vgr.brl.mil
> Subject: DXF file format (?)
>

> 	Does anyone know what "dxf" file format is and where I might get
> a description of it?  Is it in any way related to ALIAS?

DXF is a CAD file interchange format defined by Autodesk (makers of PC
CAD programs AutoCAD and AutoSketch).  It's supported for file interchange
by a number of other CAD vendors.  There is a description of the format
in an appendix in the AutoCAD manual (and in some of the AutoCAD books
available from third parties).  I don't know about any relationship
to ALIAS.
Mike Goss
Merit Technology Inc.
(214)733-7018
goss at snow-white.merit-tech.com

	Disclaimer: This offer void except where prohibited by law.