To all users of FORMS Library!!

Mark Overmars markov at cs.ruu.nl
Tue Feb 12 20:23:52 AEST 1991

I am now in the process of thinking about what to change in the FORMS Library
to get to version 1.1. As it turns out, the possibility in the library to
create automatic objects gives rise to many problems. Hence, I am thinking of
removing this possibility. The only object class that uses it at the moment is
the class clock which was mainly added for fun anyway. (Also touch buttons use
it but they can be dealt with in a different way.) So my question is:

  Is there anyone that would be in real trouble when automatic objects (and
  hence, clocks) would disappear in the forms library?

If so, or if you have good reasons to think this type of objects is useful,
please mail me as soon as possible.

Mark Overmars