Extended cables

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Feb 2 09:03:15 AEST 1991

In article <9102010008.AA01560 at scripps.edu>, jwk at SCRIPPS.EDU (John Kupec) writes:
|> Howdy,
|> I hope to locate a 220VGX tower in a separate room from it's
|> stereo, dialbox, console, & keyboard.  The cables will probably
|> need to be from 75 to 100 feet long (haven't measured accurately
|> yet).  Does anyone have any experience with using cable runs of
|> my required lengths?  Will signal amplification be necessary?

As long as you don't go beyond 100' you should have no problem.  My GT right
now is in a room down the hall with between 75' and 100' of cable between me
at the screen and it. There is almost no picture degradation.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"Spirits of genius are always opposed by mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein