9track tape via net ??

Dave Olson olson at anchor.esd.sgi.com
Wed Feb 20 05:14:55 AEST 1991

In <9102190759.AA12069 at karron.med.nyu.edu> Dan Karron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
| I am attempting to use a 9 track cypher tape drive over the net.
|
| I am getting this error message :
| karron:~/D.mri/D.Tape1:105mt -t mcirps3:/dev/mt/xmtape stat
| can't find remote shell program: No such file or directory
| mcirps3:/dev/mt/xmtape: I/O error
| Exit 1

Unfortunately, you don't say what kind of machine is on either end, or what
OS releases you are running.

My best guess, based on what you say, is that you have a 'non-standard' shell
on the machine where you issue the mt command, and that shell doesn't
exist on the remote machine.  You might try using:

mt -t guest at mcirps3:/dev/mt/xmtape stat
--

	Dave Olson