Caps Lock Using Xterm

James Helman jim at baroque.Stanford.EDU
Sun Feb 24 08:43:42 AEST 1991

It may not work as a Caps Lock, but you can still use it as a control
key, which is what *should* be at the position on a keyboard anyway ;-}.

xmodmap -e "clear lock"
xmodmap -e "add control = Caps_Lock"

Speaking of correct places, does anyone have a way of remapping the "|\"
key up to the function key row where the sadistic SPARCies put it?  I
was also hoping to move "< >" to a key between the left shift and "Z"
keys, like DEC, but there's not even a key there.  Among Sun, SGI and
DEC, only SGI seems to lack a keyboard for the masochist market.  I
thought I heard that SGI was going for the masochist market rather than
just graphics-for-the-elite.  Does this mean we will see this remedied
in a future product?

Jim Helman
Department of Applied Physics			Durand 012
Stanford University				FAX: (415) 725-3377
(jim at KAOS.stanford.edu) 			Work: (415) 723-9127