problems compiling MDQS batch software

michael sintchak oxalis at friedel.yale.edu
Sat Feb 16 11:11:06 AEST 1991

I'm having problems getting MDQS to compile on my presonal Iris.  I seem
to be having problems with the file 'qumeserver.c' and a structure which
isn't defined in the standard system libraries.  This is the error
message I keep getting (during make):

=============================

        cc -c -O -I. -I../h -I/usr/include/bsd ../src/qumeserver.c
ccom: Error: ../src/qumeserver.c, line 33: unknown size
      struct sgttyb ttyb =
      -------------------^
ccom: Error: ../src/qumeserver.c, line 35: unknown size
        0000011,0000011,
      ---------^
ccom: Error: ../src/qumeserver.c, line 35: operands of = have incompatible types

        0000011,0000011,
      ---------^
ccom: Error: ../src/qumeserver.c, line 35: unknown size
        0000011,0000011,
      -----------------^
(ccom): ../src/qumeserver.c, line 35: cannot recover from earlier errors: goodby
e!
        0000011,0000011,
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Can someone who has installed this on their system tell me what I have
to change so that this will compile correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Sintchak
oxalis%friedel at venus.ycc.yale.edu