Reading/Writing VME bus

Paul Connally paulc at boulder.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 15 04:13:21 AEST 1991

	We currently have a PI (4D20) with Imaging Technologies IT-150
video processsing boards connected to the VME bus.  I use some third
party software to access these boards but it is not enough.

	My question is this -
	How does one go about writing to the VME bus (in a C program)
to access the registers on these boards?

	 I have all the docs for the boards and I know what addresses
they occupy but I'm really not sure how to get to them and I don't
want to go mucking about the bus without knowing exactly what I'm doing.

	Also, do I have to deal with interrupts?  The boards can be
configured to issue interrupts or not, the interrupt line (1-7), and the
interrupt vector address.

	Any hints, advice, or constructive comments is greatly appreciated.

	Paul Connally          			University of Colorado
	Chief of Operations  			MCDB  -  Box 347
	High Voltage Electron Microscope Lab	Boulder, CO  80309
						paulc at boulder.colorado.edu

						paulc at boulder.colorado.edu