Ethernet controller differences between 4D/340 and 4D/25

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com
Thu Jan 24 13:44:44 AEST 1991

In article <9101232123.AA17793 at chem.chem.ucsd.edu>, sdempsey at UCSD.EDU (Steve Dempsey) writes:
> Let me try asking a specific question since I'm not getting anywhere
> with this problem.  What causes "retransmit timeouts" on a 340 using the IO2
> board as reported by 'netstat -p tcp'?:

Not receiving ack's from the other end.
Sorry, but that's the most that can be inferred from the symptom.

Possible reasons for not receiving stuff from the other end are many.
They include wild backhoes, broken wires, people pushing reset buttons,
improperly installed ethernets, and broken hardware or software.

Vernon Schryver,   vjs at sgi.com