Dog question

Michael K. Kibler mkibler at eecs.wsu.edu
Wed Jan 30 03:31:37 AEST 1991

We have several 4D systems running dog. I have been monitoring
the broadcast packets from dog and out of curiosity wanted to know how
the program communicates information ( locations, missiles, etc. ).
It appears to set up a socket with a broadcast address and sends/receives
through the socket. Is there anything else special that it is doing?
Any way to improve performance? ( It would be nice if an implementation
without broadcasts could be devised that would not severly degrade the
network when more players enter the game. )

Thanks in advance.
--
 ---- Mike  ( ~~ Radiosity is more than just heat! )
 Michael K. Kibler        INTERNET:  mkibler at eecs.wsu.edu
 Elect/Compt. Engr. Dept. UUCP    :  ...uunet!eecs.wsu.edu!mkibler