Tuning sendmail on IRIX3.3.1

XIAO Yan xiaoyan at ecf.toronto.edu
Sat Jan 5 15:26:09 AEST 1991

It is an old and hunted question: tuning sendmail.cf
However, it seems there is a bug in sendmail on IRIX3.3.1:
	I can not get "To: " line in the mail heading correct, though
	sendamil delivers and receives mail just fine.  The problem is that
	in after "To: ", heading actually show the SENDER's address, rather
	than the recipient's.

Also, is it true that direct link SMTP hosts can only have addresses
with no dot '.'?  I use FS/etc/hosts to define S class but it seems that
if a host has an entry in /etc/hosts with dot '.' as its name, sendmail
will treat it as unknown and to be forwarded?  Is there anyway around?

xiao
xiaoyan at ecf.toronto.edu