Why was mail_bsd(1) changed?

Mark Andrews mark at alias.uucp
Fri Jan 25 05:53:56 AEST 1991

As a frequent user of Berkeley mail, I was dismayed to find that you have
modified the interface. In particular, I am talking about the 'R' and
'r' commands. In Berkeley mail, 'R' means reply to the author of the message
while 'r' means reply to all recipients of the original message.

However, in your version of Berkeley mail, you have made 'R' and 'r' equivalent
with 'Ra' or 'ra' replacing 'r'. Why was it changed? I prefer it the way it
is, and would like it changed back if possible.

	Mark Andrews
	Systems Programmer,
	Alias Research,
	Toronto, Canada