Exabyte/multi-tar questions

Frank Chlebana chlebana at physics.utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 13 07:46:51 AEST 1991

Does anybody know what the switch settings are suppose to be on the second
board from the back of an exabyte unit connected to a 4D/25.

I am running 3.3.1
The prom revisions on the exabyte are
mxprom 425A
svprom B019

I am having some problems reading multiple tar archives on one exabyte.
>From the sgi I can only access the first archive on a tape made on a m-120.
After positioning the tape at the start of the second archive using

  tar tvf /dev/nrtape
or
  mt fsf 1

I issue

  tar tvf /dev/tape

and get the message

  tar: tape read error: invalid arguement

Any useful suggestions?

I can create and access multiple archives when the sgi is used entirely.

  tar cv file1
  mt feom
  tar cv file2

  tar tv