GNU emacs

Michael Schroeder mschroed at ux.acs.umn.edu
Thu Jan 3 02:28:46 AEST 1991

Please help.  When I try to make GNU emacs on any of our SGI 4D machines I get
correct compilation and ld works but running temacs does as shown below.
make
	cd etc; make  all
	cd src; make  all
	make    -f xmakefile  all
	./temacs -batch -l inc-vers
*** Termination code 139

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I've seen the commentary about termination code 138 which is solved by doing
#define HAVE_GETWD in config.h.  I've had emacs working, thanks to the GETWD
suggestion, under 3.3.1 but needed to remake after  reloading from the
distribution tape.  I seem to have lost the recipe!  Is there a list of these
codes and thier meanings?

Thanks
mike schroeder
ux.acs.umn.edu