bad page read? what's going on?

Michael Gold gold at sgi.com
Thu Jan 31 20:49:28 AEST 1991

   i got this message on a GT:

   WARNING: Process showcase (16519) killed due to bad page read (errno:5)

This one is easy:  you are running a binary which is NFS mounted.  If
you use the "nointr" option on your NFS mount, the problem goes away.
Maybe some NFS guru can give you a good low-level explanation.  I
think it has to do with signals interrupting the NFS calls.

--
    Michael I. Gold	 	You go your way, I'll go mine,
    Silicon Graphics Inc.	I don't care if we get there on time,