GNU Emacs compiling/executable.

arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Thu Jan 3 06:43:55 AEST 1991

In article <SCOTTH.91Jan2082025 at harlie.corp.sgi.com>, scotth at corp.sgi.com (Scott Henry) writes:
> In article <JEREMY.91Jan2091136 at chook.ua.oz.au> jeremy at cs.adelaide.edu.au (Jeremy Webber) writes:

.. and MANY other posters to comp.sys.sgi, have had discussions along the
    lines of:

> j>    Does anybody know a site where I can ftp executable GNU Emacs?  I tried
> j>    to compile source on our 4D but so far no luck.
>
> j> You don't say which version of Gnu Emacs you tried to compile...

[and so forth...]

For as long as I've been following this group, troubles installing
GNU EMACS have been a recurring problem.  So many people have had problems
with this (including myself) that availability of the executables would
save a significant amount of person-months throughout Netland.

Any volunteers?  (My own installation doesn't work right...)  Could SGI
do this without running afoul of GNU's copyright / license policy?
Raymond W. Arritt                     |
Assistant Professor                   |
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        |  "everyone knew that as time went
Univ. of Kansas                       |   by they'd get a little bit older
Lawrence, KS  66045                   |   and a little bit slower..."
arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu             |
arritt at ukanvax.bitnet                 |