dvhtool error during upgrade

Bill Palenske xxwrp at picasso.lerc.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 4 09:07:58 AEST 1991

	While upgrading a PI from 3.2 to 3.3.1, I got the following:

	Interrupt/Error:

	No room in volume header for sash.

	( I assume this really means what is says, and not: No room in
	/tmp. )

	/etc/dvhtool -v creat /root/stand/sash sash $rbase $vhdev

	Later on I got the same sort of message for symmon.

	(For what it's worth, binaries were copied to /stand.)

	This seems to imply, at least the possibility, that in standalone
	use sash and symmon would not be located in the volume header.

	However, since I have not encountered any problems yet.  I guess
	this means the old 3.2 sash and symmon are still in the vh
	and still work?

	My questions are:  Why did this happen? and how do I fix it?

	BTW, what does symmon do?

	email will do, I will summarize.  Thanks.

	xxwrp at convx1.lerc.nasa.gov