question: lookat() command and twist

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Jan 17 10:21:50 AEST 1991

The twisting artifact in lookat() can be avoided by using a negative reverse
sequence of modeling transformations to specify your eye position and
vector.

This is the same as specifying your eye in worldspace and inverting
the matrix to give your the eye position viewing transform for that
eye position.

If this is unclear, I can post a long explanation. The short version
is to use modeling transforms for your eye position.

| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 340 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |