rlogin problems

Bernd-L. Kaether kaether at cadsg.fb12.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 18 21:57:52 AEST 1991

I wanted to rlogin to my SGI 4D (IRIX 3.3.1) and set up a .rhosts file in my homedir.  Now, when I'm trying to login from a host included in .rhosts I get the message
You don't have a password. Choose one.
/bin/passwd:  Changing password for userid
OLD password:

It was not my intention to change my password everytime I login to the machine.
The .rhosts has rw extension for user, nothing for group and others.

If I rlogin from not .rhosts hosts, I am asked for my password, this seems to be ok.

Can anybody tell me in a few words what I am doing wrong ?

Please email to kaether at cadsg.fb12.tu-berlin.de

Thanx in advance
Bernd