What's better about SG machines than SPARCS?

Jeff Close jclose at potomac.ads.com
Tue Jun 4 01:43:48 AEST 1991

I have a bogus administrative exercise to respond to.. I've been asked to
justify using an Iris over a SPARC for work that involves 3D modeling, and could
possibly expand into some virtual reality work.  If anyone has concrete
comparisons between the two machines (including hardware differences especially)
it would be very helpful.  Mail if you can, our newser is acting up.  Thanks