running out of processes

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Wed Jun 26 23:17:10 AEST 1991

I keep running out of process slots on my 4D25/TG running IRIX 3.3.1.
I typically have 80 processes going when I am just sitting at the
console, so if one person logs in on an X-windows terminal I usually
hit the magic limit (around 90 processes?) and have to start killing
things.

This is very inconvenient for me.  Is there any way that I can patch
the kernel (or whatever) to up the size of the process table to at
least 128 entries?
John D. McCalpin			mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin at brahms.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.	J.MCCALPIN/OMNET