SGI & Video Decks-Frames to Video...need Advice !

tholland at amy.skidmore.edu tholland at amy.skidmore.edu
Wed Jun 19 02:31:36 AEST 1991

We need some BASIC help.  We have an SGI using TDI software and are
trying to figure out how to get our VLAN to control a video tape deck
and "automatically" dump our rendered frames to the video.  This is our
first time in trying to dump frames to video and we need advice as
to what to do.  All suggestions are welcomed including:

what type of hardware should we have in addition to the SGI itself
what type of VLAN
what type of VIDEO DECK !!! (this one is key I think !)
Suppliers for such equipment, especially video.
A kind person who has dumped SGI/TDI stuff to video before who
can guied our early steps here.

**sync signals and SGI/TDI AND Audio
Audio/video sync (MIDI etc.)

General and specific info welcomed.