long cables

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 29 06:32:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun27.181436.7012 at helios.physics.utoronto.ca> mark at cita.toronto.edu writes:
>The fan noise from my PI is starting to get to me, ...
>SGI sells a 75-foot set of cables (RGB+keyboard), but the price
>is exorbitant (CDN$600 up here; no idea what it costs in the US).

... about $500 here.

>So ...  Are the specs for these cables available (e.g. what type
>of coax, BNCs, etc.)?  If they are, we can have the folks in our
>electronics shop make us a set at a tiny fraction of SGI's cost.

Dunno about the coax -- just plain old video coax is what we used -- I don't
have immediate access to the part number but can get it if needed.  Plain old
BNCs on the cables.

The keyboard cable is Belden (Beldon??) 9537 7 conductor shielded cable.
The connectors are standard 9 pin D connectors.

							spl (the p stands for
							plain old...)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2752 -- a guest at network.ucsd.edu --
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943