timeclock equals hole in head

arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Jun 26 02:00:46 AEST 1991

The clocks on our PI's do an abysmal job of keeping the time of day.
I'm trying to set the .timetrim parameter to improve things, but
find that when timed is running, the system will not respond to any
attempts to set the clock directly using either date or sysadm.
If I turn off timed, I can use date in the usual way.  But when I
turn timed back on, the clock reverts to the original (incorrect)
time!!  How can I tell timed not to do this?

We are running 3.3 on 4D/25's.   Thanks for any help you can offer.
Raymond W. Arritt                     |
Assistant Professor                   |
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        |  "People never travel to look
University of Kansas                  |   at flat landscapes."
Lawrence, KS  66045                   |     - from _Stop Making Sense_ ,
arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu             |       by the Talking Heads
arritt at walrus.phsx.ukans.edu          |
arritt at ukanvax.bitnet                 |