"mailbox: " does it Do the Right Thing?

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 14 03:25:59 AEST 1991

I love mailbox, which is new with the 3.3 release I just installed on my
4d25tg.  However, it has one undesirable behavior that I have noticed:
it seems to trap all interrupts.  Though this is useful in some places,
it disallows aborting a reply or message.  That is, if I run Mail from
a wsh, then change my mind about sending it, I can hit ^C twice, and it
cancels the message.  Since the mail window opened by mailbox traps
interrupts, however, I can't do this.  The only way to abort the reply
is to close the window, which may not do what you want, since you might
want to delete things that you've read, or something like that, before you
quit.

I haven't upgraded to 3.3.x, so I don't know if this has been changed,
but I thought I'd mention it here.

I have one other mail question that was raised some time ago, but I forget
the answer.  If new mail arrives while I am reading mail (from Mail [BSD]),
can I bring it into the existing session?  Suns have an option to do
this, but I don't see an option for this on the Iris man page.  I think
someone once mailed me a workaround, but I've forgotten it.

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixf(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***