QIC-24 to QIC-150

Jean-Francois Panisset panisset at thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
Wed Jun 26 22:48:23 AEST 1991

I have some tapes which were written to by a QIC-24 tape drive. Now, these
tapes are "high-density" (12500 ftpi), and I would now like to re-use them
in a QIC-150 drive. Unfortunately, the drive detects that these tapes were
written to at low density, and thus refuses to write to them. So my question
is: what is the best way to force a QIC-150 drive to write to such a tape,
or do I have no choice but to use a powerful magnet? For reference, I
am using a Personnal Iris under IRIX 3.3.2.

Thanks in advance,
JF Panisset
--
Jean-Francois Panisset