Tape drives

Anthony J. Persechini ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 14 00:25:27 AEST 1991

O.K. I looked in the system administrator's guide under "disk and cartridge
tape devices" and find no discussion of cartridge tape devices. So
perhaps some kind soul can give me a hand. I recently installed
a new WREN 380 meg disk, which seemed to want to be in the
bottom slot of my 4D20G (under 3.3.1). This necessitated moving the tape drive
to the upper one. I now cannot figure out how to get it working.
It appears that the machine cannot find it; shouldn't it
have found it automatically on boot up? Perhaps the problem
is the way the tape drive is jumpered. Any suggestions, especially
from those who have dealt with this problem would be
appreciated greatly.

--
Anthony Persechini				Dept. of Physiology, Box 642
Assistant Professor				School of Medicine
ajp2o at crocus.medicine.rochester.edu 		Rochester, NY  14642