Preferences = Icon

Dougal Scott dwagon at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au
Fri Jun 7 13:24:58 AEST 1991

jpg at NRC3D.NRC.UAB.EDU (Jill Gemmill) writes:

>A recent discussion contained instructions for recording preferred window
>locations and how to start programs such as MailBox and Clock out of user.ps.

>Is there a way to "iconify" WorkSpace and Console automatically on startup?
>(i.e. have them appear on the desktop upon login, but as icons rather than
>as open windows).

I put in my ~/.4sight/console.ps the following line
/consoleStartsIconic /true def
which automatically starts the console as an icon automatically.
For the workspace, you can change the behaviour by changing the files
in ~/WorkSpace. Personally I hate the thing, so I removed all the files in
that directory and it doesn't start up. :)
--
Dougal Scott  - dwagon at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au  Faculty of Computing & Info Tech
Hell hath no fury like a woman born.               Monash University, Caulfield