C++, Templates, Preprocessor on the SGI (cfront)

Nathan F. Watson nwatson at ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU
Fri Jun 28 09:05:09 AEST 1991

I am using cfront (AT&T C++) on an SGI, and would like to use the
'##' (concatenator) preprocessor 'statement' when defining a template.
from my understanding, a file

  #define concat(a,b) a##b
  concat(asdf,jkl)

should produce the file

  asdfjkl

after preprocessing.  I've tried variations of the above (e.g.
putting spaces before, after the "##").  What do I need to do
to allow this?  Forgive me if the question is frequently asked,
as I'm new to C++.