GNU c++ bashing (was Re: c++ vs ada results)

Andrew Myers andru at myth.rad.sgi.com
Sun Jun 23 11:30:39 AEST 1991

In article <32088 at dime.cs.umass.edu> eli at smectos.CS.UMASS.EDU (Eli Brandt) writes:
>Out of curiosity, have you actually used a GNU compiler?  If so, could you
>specify some of the bugs with which it was "shot through".  Please, only note

Please read gnu.bug.g++. You will discover that I have personally posted
about 10 bugs which exist in all released g++ implementations. Two of
the bugs are so bad that they make g++ unusable for any serious work.
No patches seem to exist for these bugs. My program works perfectly on
AT&T C++.

In my case, I would have to say that g++ gave me significantly less than
what I paid for it.

Andrew