Animation software for SGI (short summary)

Hans Mehlin hans at kixtal.cmb.ki.se
Sat Jun 29 02:36:55 AEST 1991

A time ago I posted a question about animation software for SGI.
I got 4 answers, here is a very short summary:

---

Explore, TDI (France, Paris) A great and well balanced system for animation,
                             rendering and modelling.

Alias Research Inc (Canada)  Great modeller (Designer and Studio) and
                             animation (Animator and Power Animator).
                             Developed on SGI and really takes advantage of the
                             hardware.

Vertigo Technology Inc.
          (Canada, Vancover) Cheap and very good modeling/animation software.
                             For more information please contact:
                               krywolt at cs.ubc.ca  (Russ Krywolt)

Wavefront (USA)              Old and primitive.

Softimage (Canada)

ape                          Public Domain

---

Thanks to: krywolt at cs.ubc.ca  (Russ Krywolt)
           andrey at through.ugcs.caltech.edu
           pfl at eniac.inesc.pt  (Pedro Faria Lopes)
           clw at sante.corp.sgi.com
who provided the information.

If anyone wants the compleate answers from them - send a mail to me.

Hans.Mehlin at mog.ki.se