Change cursor colour in NeWS

Steven H. Izen shi at po.CWRU.Edu
Fri Jun 7 04:07:53 AEST 1991

In a previous article, davies at eris.uwaterloo.ca (Mark Daviessys admin)) says:

>    I was hoping that someone who knows NeWS can help me.  I want to be
>able to change the colour of the cursor (mouse pointer) from its standard
>red colour.  It is possible to change it using GL calls, but changes only
>affect the cursor for that particular window ... I would like to be able to
>change the color of the cursor no matter where it is on the screen.  I know
>that this is going to be redundant soon (when IRIX 4.0 is available) but
>I'm still interested in find out how it can be done.
>

>Any pointers would be appreciated,
>Mark Davies

I just called the hotline with this question.  The answer is no, you
can't do it.  They hard coded the red cursor into the NeWS server.  Your
application can change it, of course, and you can make it any color you
want if you're running an X window manager, but not with NeWS.
--
Steven H. Izen, Associate Professor, Dept. of Math. and Stat.
Reply to shi at po.cwru.edu or steve at izen386.math.cwru.edu or