Problem with elm 2.3 PL 11

Mark V. Meuer meuer at cs.umn.edu
Fri Jun 28 02:58:20 AEST 1991

Elm 2.3 PL 11 compiles fine on our Iris, but when I run it it says
	Error encountered while attempting to flock mailbox /usr/mail/meuer;
	** ERR-UNKNOWN (46) - Unknown error - 46 - No description.**

Does anyone know what is causing this?  If I run "elm -f folder" where
folder is a valid mail file, it works correctly on it.  But as soon as
I try to change to my incomming mail box, it gags.

/usr/mail is being mounted over NFS.  I have compiled elm with the
-lsun option.  What am I missing?

-mark
Mark Meuer   <><    |  The Geometry Center  |  meuer at geom.umn.edu
"Thus, the class _Dog_ is functionally cohesive if its semantics
embrace the behavior of a dog, the whole dog, and nothing but the
dog."  --Grady Booch