long cables

Mark Bartelt sysmark at physics.utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 28 04:14:36 AEST 1991

The fan noise from my PI is starting to get to me, so I want to
put my monitor/keyboard/mouse on the opposite side of my office
from the PI itself (which I'd put in a corner with some sort of
sound-deadening stuff between it and everything else).

SGI sells a 75-foot set of cables (RGB+keyboard), but the price
is exorbitant (CDN$600 up here; no idea what it costs in the US).

So ...  Are the specs for these cables available (e.g. what type
of coax, BNCs, etc.)?  If they are, we can have the folks in our
electronics shop make us a set at a tiny fraction of SGI's cost.

Mark Bartelt                                        416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for                     mark at cita.toronto.edu
Theoretical Astrophysics                   mark at cita.utoronto.ca