"mailbox: " does it Do the Right Thing?

Rob Warnock rpw3 at rigden.wpd.sgi.com
Thu Jun 20 14:21:21 AEST 1991

In article <srp.676916226 at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu> srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
(Scott R. Presnell%Cohen) writes:
+---------------
| shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter S. Shenkin) writes:
| >I have one other mail question that was raised some time ago, but I forget
| >the answer.  If new mail arrives while I am reading mail (from Mail [BSD]),
| >can I bring it into the existing session?  Suns have an option to do
| >this, but I don't see an option for this on the Iris man page.  I think
| >someone once mailed me a workaround, but I've forgotten it.
|
| At the '&' say: "folder /usr/mail/<usrname>" and Mail will reread your
| spool file.
+---------------

Try "file %". Does the same thing, but fewer keystrokes.

Note: You probably want to "set hold" in your ~/.mailrc, so that held messages
are merged with your spool file. Otherwise, when you "file %", Mail will save
your "held" messages in "mbox", and only show you new ones. Not convenient...

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, MS-1L/515		rpw3 at sgi.com		rpw3 at pei.com
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		(415)335-1673		Protocol Engines, Inc.
2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, CA  94039-7311