Showcase and using lpr to print

Walter Kreiling wnk at aquifer.geology.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 22 08:10:48 AEST 1991

I have a question on a related note.  I've used the "save as EPS file" with
great success, but when I try this on a picture that I have an image in,
the printer gags.  To make myself more clear, I use icut to grab part of
the screen into a file.  I then load this file into showcase, and add some
text.  It looks great, but all of our printers can't print it.  I think
the problem lies in the fact that the image is written as one REALLY long
line of postscript, but I'm not sure.  I've tried this on NEC & QMS
color ps printers, as well as apple and QMS b&w ps printers.  Does anyone
have any suggestions, or is this just "the way it is?"

wnk

Walter Kreiling					    wnk at aquifer.geology.uiuc.edu
Department of Geology					  University of Illinois

   I beg your pardon sir, but I am NOT a merry man!  --Lt. Worf (ST:TNG (Qpid))