Xneko problem on SGI?

michael sweet sweetmr at SCT60A.SUNYCT.EDU
Wed Jun 26 00:44:23 AEST 1991

> We just installed the X-windows development toolkit from SGI,
> and try to run some X applications.  One of the first to fail
> in a weird way is Xneko.  The window appears briefly, then
> disappears, and the program exits with the message 'Alarm clock'.

I've have the same problem with Xtrek, but have yet to solve it.  I
*think* it is an incompatibility between BSD UNIX and IRIX, but I'm
not sure.  I've have similar problems getting The Broken Throne going;
it uses sockets (like Xtrek) and fails with the same error...

 -Mike