ShowCase distribution

Loki Jorgenson Rm421 loki at NAZGUL.PHYSICS.MCGILL.CA
Fri Mar 22 01:17:22 AEST 1991

	I concur that it seems unreasonable that a piece of system software
which is being distributed freely via normal channels (in system releases)
can't be distributed via the net.  It does not fall into the category of
commercial use of the net (it would seem).

	However, I recognize the tenuous nature of SGI's access to the
net and the relative sensitivity they have to this issue.  If they
choose to be cautious, then I must respect this prudence insofar as I
wish to see that we continue to enjoy the presence of SGI on this list.
It is their responsibility and their decision after all.

Loki Jorgenson              / /          \ \  node:  loki at Physics.McGill.CA
Grad, Systems Manager      / //////  \\\\\\ \ BITNET: PY29 at MCGILLA
Physics, McGill University \ \\\\\\  ////// / fax:   (514) 398-8434
Montreal Quebec CANADA      \_\          /_/  phone: (514) 398-7027