Info Cueing on SGI 3130

Steve Hollasch hollasch at ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU
Wed Mar 13 06:38:02 AEST 1991

    I'm a graduate student at ASU who's working on his master's thesis.
One of the programs I'm working on runs on the Iris 3130 workstation and
generates a wireframe display.

    Now, the program currently does its own version of the viewing model
and transforms everything down to pixel coordinates for the wireframe
display.  However, I'd like to "depthcue" the wireframe lines based on
information other than a true Z value.  Is there a way to do this?

    I think I could fake it by setting the transformation matrices to the
identity 4x4 matrix and then tweaking some other parameters (so that the
pixel coords then map to [+-1, +-1] coordinates) to have the Z used for
intensity cueing but the X and Y coordinates map flat to the screen.

    Has anybody else tried something like this?  Does anybody out there
have any comments or ideas?