4D/3x0 memory bandwidth

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Wed Mar 6 23:35:49 AEST 1991

I am working on some performance modelling for shared-memory
multiprocessor machines and I was wondering if anyone out there could
tell me the memory bandwidth on the SGI 4D/3x0 series machines.
I am most interested in the main memory to secondary cache link, but
the secondary cache to primary cache link is of interest also.

I believe that the cpu's all share the same secondary cache, so that I
would assume that the main memory is single-ported.  Is the secondary
cache multi-ported, or do the cpu's access it via a shared bus?

Thanks for any answers!
John D. McCalpin			mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin at brahms.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.	J.MCCALPIN/OMNET