TeX, dvi2ps, and lp

Tony Reynolds tony at tacky.cs.olemiss.edu
Fri Mar 22 05:31:31 AEST 1991

Okay, we got the TeX distribution, and finally I make a dvi file!

Now, dvi2ps writes to standard out, no problem there, so I send
output to a file.

Take the file, dump it to our postscript printer like this:
lp -dpostscript tony.ps

and the printer sits there with an 8k file in its buffer. (BTW, this
is the "story" from Computers and Typesetting, Vol. 1, chapter 6)

So, I examine the tony.ps file, and lo and behold, so other files
need to be included with it to make it go! lp cannot do this.

Whadda I do?

Hep me. Hep me, pa-leeeez.

M     M  i  N   N  TTTTTTT   |                Tony Reynolds
MM   MM     NN  N     T      |          tony at tacky.cs.olemiss.edu
M M M M  i  N N N     T      |       cctony at sgisci1.ocis.olemiss.edu
M  M  M  i  N  NN     T      |
M     M  i  N   N     T      |       #define JOKE "Green Golfball"
     F O R E V E R
  MiNT is Not TOS-- a multi-tasking OS extension for TOS! Available on
atari.archive.umich.edu in the "mint" directory.  Catch it!  Suggest 1MB+