g++-1.39 on iris - can it be done?

Roberto Togneri robert at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au
Fri Mar 15 15:42:47 AEST 1991

Hi,
  I remember not long ago somebody got g++-1.37 to work on the irises
and posted the diffs and stuff to do that (which I promptly lost!).
I am currently having problems as it is with getting g++ to work on our
Sun (which is known by the g++ sources) and intend to try to get g++-1.39
to work on the irises (OS: 3.1d sysV).

So ... anybody have any ideas?
All I know is that the iris uses COFF files (whatever coff is).
I already have gcc up and running.

Thanks if you can help,
--
Dr. Roberto Togneri                         Phone: +61-9-380-2535
Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
NEDLANDS WA 6009 Australia                  Email: robert at swanee.ee.uwa.oz.au