TCP/IP Users Guide?

dale chayes dale at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 28 02:24:30 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar26.215809.19943 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jsivier at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jonathon Sivier ) writes:

>    Some time ago I was advised to check out the TCP/IP Users Guide from SGI
> for information on communicating across the network from within a program.

[several lines deleted about where it might be and where he looked]

Since it might have been me who made the suggestion:

TCP/IP Users Guide Version 2.1, [Document number 007-0830-021], which is
the second chapter in the  IRIS 4D Series Communications Guide [doc.
no. 007-0890-010]

Interprocess Communication, Chapter 8 of IRIS-4D Programmer's Guide
Volume 1, Version 1.1  [doc. no. 007-0601-10]

Both of these manuals came from SGI with my first IRIS (and 3.2 I
guess.) The pile of manuals for 3.3 look to be about the same size,
and I _assume_ that they are all there, but I have not looked.

You should also look at the Streams mechanism if you are starting from
scratch, it might be appropriate to use the "modern" methods.

Hope it helps,
Dale

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964	dale at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
voice:	(914) 359-2900 extension 434	fax: (914) 359-6817