Interrupting long draw cycles

DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU DanKarron at UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Mar 12 08:56:24 AEST 1991

I am curious about using this technique:

I want to change the viewing parameters of a drawing loop. I want
to interrupt the drawing program with a signal, say SIGUSR1. The signal
handler will then do a longjmp back to the main drawing loop with
new eye position and viewing values and start drawing.

This will entail the gl calls being interrupted and aborted at any step.

My experiments with this code have resulted in occational aborts of
the graphics subsystem and the system returning to pandora.

Is there a gracefull way to interrupt the gl subsystem to regain
control ? Can I stop a long draw cycle and start another without
dammage to the gl pipeline ?

Cheers!

Dan.
| karron at nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 263 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |