Serial and Parallel printing

KJB6 at psuvm.psu.edu KJB6 at psuvm.psu.edu
Wed Mar 27 07:18:51 AEST 1991

I have one machine on the network that is controlling the printing for 2 differ
ent printers. One printer is connected serially and the other is connected
parallel. I have noticed that when I do an lpstat -t, as soon as a job for the
parallel printer starts, no more jobs will be done on the serial printer until
all the parallel jobs r done. I would hope that whatever gets into the que firs
t, whether it is for the serial or parallel printer, that it would get done
FIFO.

Am I missing something? The parallel printer is ploting postscript jobs, and
the serial printer is plotting cadkey diagrams (cadkey jobs).

I figure I am missing something basic. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken