BSD dump/restore for SGI

Mike Muuss mike at BRL.MIL
Sat Mar 9 16:25:25 AEST 1991

I am please to announce that the port of the Berkeley DUMP and RESTORE
utilities to the SGI is now available.

This work is largely the effort of Ken Lalonde at the University of
Toronto;  Ajit Mayya at SGI and I have had the privelege of making
additional contributions.

Please note that this software is provided "as is", and you use it at
your own risk.  I recommend that you conduct a variety of tests of this
software before entrusting the backup of your system to this software.

This software is available *only* via anonymous FTP to host FTP.BRL.MIL.
Use user name "anonymous", and your E-mail address as the password.
Then, type:
	binary
	cd info-iris
	get dump.tar.Z
	get Backup.sh
	quit

Note that "Backup.sh" is the Shell script that the operators at BRL use;
you may find it convenient to use as a baseline for your own site.

	Best,
	 -Mike