more about lpr & printcap

rbriber at POLY1.NIST.GOV rbriber at POLY1.NIST.GOV
Sat Mar 16 02:34:13 AEST 1991

I posted a message about a problem we were having with lpr and a HP laserjet +
printing messed up text.  I requested help with either a printcap entry or
any advice from anyone who had installed this type of printer.  I forgot to
mention that the HP laserjet is connected to the parallel port of a 4D25.  I
wonder if this is related to the problem?  Maybe the printer would work
properly if it was connected to a serial port?   Any experience out there?
(we are running 3.3.1 and lp seems to work ok...).
 | Adios Amebas,         |       "Sweet dreams are made of this           |
 | Robert Briber         |        who am I to disagree... "               |
 | NIST 224/B210         |                                                |
 | Gaithersburg, MD 20899|  rbriber at poly1.nist.gov   (Internet)           |
 | (301) 975-6775 (voice)|  rbriber at enh.nist.gov     (Internet)           |
 | (301) 975-2128 (fax)  |  rbriber at nbsenh.bitnet    (Bitnet)             |