Bug with /etc/config/login.options?

Glenn Randers-Pehrson, TBD|WMB glennrp at BRL.MIL
Sun Mar 3 03:59:43 AEST 1991

 > From: mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu (John D. McCalpin)
 > Subject: Bug with /etc/config/login.options?
 > I just added the 'passwdreq' option in the login.options file.  The
 > system still allows rsh commands to operate if the apprpriate .netrc
 > entries are set up, but it demands that the user change his/her passwd
 > if a rlogin is attempted from such a machine!

	Same thing happened to me this week.  220GTX running IRIX 3.3.1.

 > I think this is a bug, not a feature.  Please raise your right hand if
 > you agree....   :-)

	Right.

	By the way, I also use "syslog=fail" in login.options and it
seems to work ok.  Is there something equivalent I can do on the 3000
series machines to record login failures?

...Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp at brl.mil>