Need disk controller from SGI 2400/3000 series

Dave Martindale dave at imax.com
Wed Mar 20 06:00:16 AEST 1991

A friend has recently acquired an old SGI IRIS 2400 machine
for minimal or zero dollars.  Unfortunately, the disk controller
is dead, and SGI wants $1000 (US) plus $175/hr to fix it.
This is out of his price range, given what he paid for it and the
actual value of the machine.

Thus, he asked me to appeal to the net:  If you have a spare disk
controller board for a 2400 or 3000-series IRIS, or even a whole machine
sitting idle in a corner, and you'd be willing to part with the
controller for zero or relatively little money, he'd like to know about
it.

You can talk to him directly at 416-533-4692; his name is Ken.
Or you can send email to me, and I'll forward the message to him.

	Dave Martindale
	dave at imax.com