sendmail woes

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Wed Mar 6 03:52:58 AEST 1991

In article <139 at shasta.Stanford.EDU> paulf at shasta.Stanford.EDU (paulf) writes:

>I seem to be having problems getting sendmail to work on my 2400T.  When
>receiving mail, it seems to go all right until sendmail has to figure out
>how to deliver what it has received from an outside machine, at which time
>it issues an unknown mailer #5 message.
>
>Is anyone really good at this sort of thing?

Last night I tried to handle the problem of sendmail configuration by
using the recently posted program ease, but no matter what cfc flags I
used led to about 30 errors in translating the standard sendmail.cf.
Does anyone know how to use this or any other aid to help us novices
get this configured (by the way, this is on a 4D/25)?

--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=bill%biomel%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=bill%biomel at cs.dal.ca